Thursday, 9 October 2025

Driving

Driving….

Yes the great chaos. I have driving in India for last 17years. I would say it’s a great chaos rather than driving. I started my driving journey when I was 18 and it has been a marvellous one. When I started I was only focused on how to perfect it. I tried learn from mistakes and improved step by step.


I started to notice the chaos when I started driving the scooter. After the covid work from home days I tried to reach office as old days. But I painfully realised most of the public transport buses I have been relied on has been stoped. With no other way I started using scooter. I was considered driving scooter a dangerous journey until then. But I am forced to use then.

Since I was driving car for a decade and my experience moth motor bikes here and there I am pretty confident I can tackle this daily scooter journey as well. I started slow I was mostly follow other vehicles and I am hardly overtaken any vehicle unless they are stoped. I was using electric scooter TVS ICube. The good thing about this is it a cap 50km/hr in the first driving. We need go faster we have to change to power mode. In oder to limit my self from over speeding I never use power mode. 


As days passed I noticed that all other scooters are not standing in line or wait for others to move. They go through any little space that can get. It can be footpaths or even parking lots of stores. When the block has been to long and staidng alone in line has some issues. Cars or other heavy vehicle try take the space in between scooter and other vehicles. As I start move away or adjust my ride for it, I start to realise its better to move along with the masses. When we move along with other scooters the cars tent stop for the scooters and when we alone others dont even mind to hit the scooter mirror and go past us.


With no other way I started to move with masses. I was taking the side roads and even foot paths at times. I still avoided paths with path holes. First step for this was to when I decided I can go through the sides when other vehicles are stoped. Then it will be a problem when other vehicle start move while I was taking the side road. Then I decided its okay to ride through sides when vehicles are moving slower. Slower.... that is tricky. I don't what I mean by slower. I am the one who decides vehicle is slower or not. That led massive disaster. Now when I look at my driving I was driving the same way those dangerous scooter drivers I taking footpaths and parking lots for driving. I still wonder how I reach this state.


I know I have to stop this other wise it is dangerous. But I don't know. When a habit is formed it is hard to stop. I realised I am doing this when I almost jammed in between two busses and nearly escaped. Yes driving always give you second chance. When I started driving with car I have always noticed the fast moving vehicles near me while starting a car. It goes like miss and hit several chance. Even though I was looking at mirror and taking vehicle all the time I was just moving close to vehicles every time I start the vehicle. I only realise the problem when one bus hit me. The mirror always has blind spot just near to me. If I must have leaned from all the mistakes of near misses, I must have avoided the hit with bus.


But with scooter it even more dangerous. As almost 30% of accidents in road is on motor bikes and pedestrians I know I have to stop. I hav

e to stop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment